Los Angeles, CA – Injuries Follow MVA at W 79th St & S Western Ave
Los Angeles, CA (September 28, 2022) – A vehicle collision reported in South Los Angeles resulted in injuries. At around 9:30 p.m., on September 26, officers with the Los Angeles Police Department responded to a crash on West 79th Street.
Police reports indicate that a collision between vehicles blocked West 79th Street in the area of South Western Avenue. Firefighters blocked off multiple lanes of the roadway as they worked to clear the scene.
One person was removed from the site of the accident and transported by ambulance to a local medical facility.
The Los Angeles Police Department has initiated a crash investigation to determine the cause.
We hope the injured victim recovers quickly.
Car Accidents in California
More than 150,000 motor vehicle accidents are reported in the state of California each year. These accidents leave tens of thousands of people with injuries. Common injuries reported in auto accidents include:
- Head Injury: A head injury can cause dizziness, confusion, and even unconsciousness. If your head is injured in a car accident, be sure to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Neck Injury: A neck injury can cause pain and shock down your arms and legs.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Anyone who has a spinal cord injury may experience paralysis or loss of muscle control below the level of the spinal cord injury.
- Back Injury: A back injury can cause severe pain throughout your body.
- Hip Injury: A hip injury can cause pain and difficulty moving your legs.
- Knee Injury: A knee injury can cause severe pain and swelling throughout the leg.
- Ankle Injury: Ankle injuries can cause swelling and pain above the ankle joint.
- Foot Injury: A foot injury can cause pain and difficulty walking.
Any type of injury can result in pain and suffering and the need for medical care. Regrettably, we see many types of accidents take place in our state each year. Leading causes of crashes that are reported in our state include:
- Distracted driving is a major problem in California and across the United States. In 2016, distracted driving was cited as a cause of almost 1 in 5 car accidents in California. Distracted driving includes using cell phones, eating or drinking, talking on the phone, reading texts or emails, and handling objects while driving.
- Not using safety restraints is another common cause of injuries in car accidents in California. When people fail to use seatbelts while driving, they have an increased risk of being thrown around or ejected during an auto accident.
- Drunk driving is also a major problem in California and across the United States. Drunk driving includes driving with a blood alcohol level (BAC) of .08 or higher. However, any level of intoxication can impair a driver's ability to operate their vehicle.
- Speeding is also a major problem in California and across the United States. Speeding increases the likelihood that drivers will lose control of their vehicles.
If you have been injured as a result of a car accident, a car accident lawyer in Los Angeles can help you get just.
Our lawyers at The Law Offices of John C. Ye can meet with you for a free consultation at your earliest convenience. Contact our law firm today at 866-771-9467 to get started on your case.
Note: Our law office uses outside sources in the creation of this post. We have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this incident, therefore, if you do find any information that is not correct, please contact the Law Offices of John C. Ye so that we can update the post to reflect the most accurate information available. We will remove a post upon request.
Disclaimer: This post is intended to be informational and is not a solicitation for business. The information provided in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident, please get medical attention right away. The photo used in this post was not taken at the actual scene of this accident.
More Recent Accident Reports
Friday, December 1, 2023
Los Angeles, CA – Multi-Vehicle Crash on La Cienega Blvd near I-405 Freeway
Los Angeles, CA (December 2, 2023) – A motor vehicle accident reported in the Los Angeles area ended in injuries.
Friday, December 1, 2023
Los Angeles, CA – Fatal Crash on Sunflower Ave near E Badillo St
Los Angeles, CA (December 1, 2023) – A fatal collision reported in the Charter Oaks neighborhood on Wednesday afternoon resulted in fatal injuries.